Make sure your effort to raise money is top notch! How business rolls off your tongue is key to its success. People are always going to ask you what you do for a living. There used to be a time when asking people their profession was a bit invasive. This is not the case anymore. What’s your GOOD answer, your three line statement that’s going to get a person to say “wow!” and want to know more?
Raise money – tips:
- Offer people what they want to buy! This is done in the wording. People invest because of what something does for them – it could be a physical benefit or feeling.
- Get cash flow going ASAP because this will help in growing more cash flow! There are a number of reasons why this happens – confidence, ability to put more into the bottom line, and investing in the future.
- Be frugal and find ways to keep costs low. It’s worth the investment to research options before purchasing. The best solutions are often slightly used equipment, which keeps your overhead low.
- Always overestimate expenses and underestimate revenue. Doing your due diligence can help when estimating – just lean on the side of caution.
- Focus on finding the best way to enter the market. This is considered lead generation. How are you going to reach the right people for your product/services. The same is true for raising money for a non-profit. How do you get in front of the right people? The SOAR Webinar Series can help – get more info!
- Test – test – test and be ready to course-correct.
- Maintain education as everything changes so quickly. This will put you ahead of the curve.
- Instead of discounting – add value! This is done in the way you word something. For SOAR with Networking Fundraising we say you’re paying 90 cents for $1.33 worth of service. It’s an added value of 43 cents! This is the Offer!
- Get a coach! Love this. A coach is outside the business model and sees things from a different perspective. They hold individuals accountable. When you’re beginning a new project – get a coach who has knowledge and success in what you’re doing! A SOAR Discovery Session is the first step with coaching for SOAR with Network Fundraising. It is a 50-minute call and costs $150.
Always available to answer questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gayle Gross worked with a start-up for mobile payment processes. She managed the deployment of the program within banks, which was cutting edge prior to mobile payment services we use today. She is a published author of a fund raising system which has helped organizations increase fundraising up to 126%!! She gained experience in developing business practices, which included marketing via social media. She has helped businesses increase market share through creative networking techniques. She mentors fundraising professionals as well as people interested in expanding their current market.