- 7 to 12 months before fundraiser
- 6 to 1 month before fundraiser
- 1 month to the day of fundraiser
History proves a professional fundraiser raises, on average, 41% more money for an organization, when a successful fundraising system is put into place. It means, if you raised $50,000 last year you’re going to raise $70,500 this year.
The simple formula is – take the dollar amount you raised last year and multiply by .41 and then, add the number you get to your original number. For example: You raised $90,000 last year. $90,000 times .41 is $36,900. Add $90,000 and $36,900 together and you get the magic number of $126,900.
There are systems out there, no doubt, which will encourage you to do things outside your comfort zone. How about sticking to what’s natural?
SOAR’s system has proven to increase dollars raised by 126% within 4 months and 371% within 16 months by highlighting people’s gifts. This means participating organizations must be diligent and open-minded about following a system and sharing the things they’re good at with others.
Timeline prior to a fundraising event:
- 7 to 12 months before fundraiser – This is when you are spreading the word about your organization because you’re hosting networking events. HOW you do this is important.
- 6 to 1 month before fundraiser – This is when you change to every other month for networking events, and spend time with a core group of people who are instrumental in achieving your success.
- 1 month to the day of fundraiser – This is the month when you are looking past the fundraiser and what happens afterwards.
SOAR works with corporations and non-profits to put together Collaborative Networking Events.
Timely investments are HOW you spend your time. The value of follow up…PRICELESS