1.) Collaborative Networking Events are the key! This is when you partner a business, nonprofit, sponsor and attendees. The business and the sponsor may be one in the same.
- Business – provides location
- Sponsor – pays for event amenities (food, etc)
- Non-profit – featured during presentation
- Attendees come to NETWORK and will see the presentation
2.) The Networking Event is a mix n’ mingle partnered between two presentations.
- Presentation #1 is 30 minutes
- The mix n’ mingle is 30 minutes
- Presentation #2 is 30 minutes
Consider this: Your presentations are the same and feature a non-profit sharing stories about how they’ve helped others. One presentation is 8 a.m. and the second is 9:00 a.m. Each presentation is 30 minutes and in between the people from each presentation come together to network. This happens between 8:30 and 9:00.
3.) Why network at all?
- Develop relationships for business
- Grow market share
- Create sustainability
4.) What is network fundraising?
- Growing your network through reciprocal service!
- It’s giving back in meaningful ways because you know what someone values.
5.) Ways of giving back – forming a strong V formation
- Invitations to private gatherings
- Group Participation – building a culture
6.) Networking methods
- Attend networking events/groups
- Host networking events/groups
- Purposeful Networking – Collaboration
- 1:1 networking
- Social networking
7.) Focus on 1:1 Networking Meetings
- Meeting #1
- Learn more about the individual
- Listen to their ideas
- Determine where the organization and individual overlap
- Mutually share information about networks
- Meeting #2
- Offer support in meaningful ways
- Add value to their business or other interests
- Determine how this new person likes to be recognized
- Provide network leads and opportunities
- Meeting #3
- Determine the best way for the Advocate to be involved
- Make the ask with an established role already in mind.
8.) Three things you can do everyday
- Talk about what you do with three new people every day!
Connect & Learn More!
- soarwithnetworkfundraising.com (FB)
- gaylegross.com (FB)
- gayle_gross (Twitter)
- Linkedin.com/in/gaylegross (LinkedIn)