Join SOAR’s Workshop.
Develop the community surrounding your program. There are virtual workshops (online) and there is one you can attend in person.
The development workshop “on location” is July 6 & 7 in Woodland Park, Colorado. Reservations are accepted until May 4 each year. Travel to and from Colorado is at the attendee’s expense.
(Early registration – 20% off until February 25)
- $550 – 7 sessions and 2 lunches ($440 until 2/25)
- $830 – 7 sessions, 2 lunches and 2 excursions with dinner vouchers ($664 until 2/25)
- $1050 – 7 sessions, 2 lunches and 2 excursions with dinner vouchers, lodging for two nights with breakfast included ($840 until 2/25)
- Welcome gathering: 5:30 p.m.
- Evening activity (optional): 6:00 p.m.
- Attend the Symphony Above the Clouds. This outdoor event is a tradition in Woodland Park. Fireworks and Fort Carson cannons are shot off when the Colorado Springs Philharmonic plays the 1812 Overture.
- SOAR Strategy Session: 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Building Networks for Raising Money: 9:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Hosting a Networking Event – Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Developing Advocates: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Shuttle to Cripple Creek for dinner (optional): 3:30 p.m.
- Cripple Creek was part of the Gold Rush in the late 1800’s and the town has retained its’ history. At one time there were over 500 mines and more than 50,000 people. Now, it is a place for shopping, shows, exploring old mines and if a person likes to test their luck, gambling.
- Recap from the previous day: 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- Marketing and social media: 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Helping to maintain a fundraising system: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Setting goals: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Closing: 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
How does SOAR help your organization develop community?
- Relationships get built among groups and people in your community when you learn a system and follow it!
- There’s giving back in productive and meaningful ways to people surrounding your program
- Advocates are selected and trained on how to help you
- Advocates receive benefits for participating in your program to assist with spreading the word
- There’s mutual respect and appreciation, which grows (a volunteer formation develops – V-formation to help you elevate success)
- Networking events develop to share your program
- Presentations are structured for results
- 1:1 Networking Meetings grow community
- Process and Persistence creates positive results and goals are met!