The fundraising plan is first and foremost, the most NECESSARY document needed to raise money. Get a team together to discuss short and long term goals. Then, take small steps to open the right doors.
- How much money by when?
- Methods for raising money
- Timeline for each method (each fundraiser has its own schedule)
Name of fundraiser: _____________________________________
11 months out: _________10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 month out…three weeks…two weeks…one week…three days…two days…one day…day of…day after…week following…two weeks following…three weeks following & start over again!
- Participants (fundraising team, volunteers, invitations to activity)
- Resources (location, activities, marketing, door prizes, etc)
Have: What’s needed
- Tracking mechanism (spreadsheet or donor management software)
- Maintain focus with your team
Monthly meetings, contact via email and calls, keep the goals visual, provide task-oriented participation to be checked off upon completion and follow the timeline to a T!
SOAR coaches organizations through the development of a fundraising plan during a 10-day process. Cost is $199 for a one-year plan.