Collaborative Networking Events – THE way to spread your wings and SOAR! This is when you partner a business, nonprofit, sponsor and attendees. The business and the sponsor may be one in the same.
- Business – provides location
- Sponsor – pays for event amenities (food, etc)
- Non-profit – featured during presentation
- Attendees come to NETWORK and will see the presentation
The Collaborative Networking Event is a mix n’ mingle partnered between two presentations. SOAR is an acronym for a relationship management style. Network Fundraising is the system. SOAR with Network Fundraising is described in a book – by the same name. There are also educational platforms described on the website. soarwithnetworkfundraising.org
Why network at all?
- Develop relationships for business
- Grow market share
- Create sustainability
When does networking really work?
- Growth happens within your network because of reciprocal services you provide to others
- Reciprication happens when you’re giving back in meaningful ways because you know what someone values.
Networking methods – there are many. The one to consider, which happens officially in three meetings, is 1:1 networking.
- Meeting #1
- Learn more about the individual
- Listen to ideas
- Determine where there’s an overlap
- Mutually share information about networks
- Meeting #2
- Offer support in meaningful ways
- Add value
- Determine how to recognize
- Provide network leads and opportunities
- Meeting #3
- Determine the best way to develop a collaboration
- Make the ask
SOAR with Network Fundraising – the book on Amazon – Click to order
Let’s connect on Social Networks
- soarwithnetworkfundraising.com (FB)
- gaylegross.com (FB)
- gayle_gross (Twitter)
- Linkedin.com/in/gaylegross (LinkedIn)