Have a simple conversation. There are two kinds – Motivational and Informational. They are both important when you’re ready to throw in the towel. You make these conversations happen in order to increase your enthusiasm.
Motivational conversations are with people who are:
- Supportive of our mission – who is that? Can you think of a couple of people who are interested in the work you do?
- While thinking of names think about – is this person positive? Are they going to see things from a good perspective? Ask yourself – will they raise my spirit?
- Creativity is important. A person with the ability to see the big picture and come up with ideas to help you get through the valley of doubt. KEY player!
Informational conversations remind us why we do what we do. They also increase our desire to achieve success because they happen when we are sharing our mission with others. These conversations are with people we interact with spontaneously. They are:
- People in stores, at restaurants, coffee shops, at the park and anyone we begin a conversation with while passing by.
- Members of groups where we spend our time. This could be at work, church, during extracurricular activities and hobbies, or at networking events.
- Someone we talk with at events and parties.
A conversation reminds you why you do what you do and how important your role is. NO DOUBT there are times when the amount of dollars you have to raise is overwhelming and you’d rather shut down and run to where there’s comfort. Go there, for sure, but only for a short time. Consider it an opportunity to refresh.
Need a good conversation? Schedule a complimentary motivational call with SOAR. See our calendar.
SOAR with Network Fundraising helps people all of the time! Here’s a Feb. 2018 testimonial: